Pre-hospital and Emergency Critical Care
The SSAI Program in Pre-hospital Emergency Critical Care (PECC) is a two year, post-specialist educational program, focusing on clinical practice, teaching, research, leadership and management within the field of critical emergency medicine.
The program covers both pre- and in-hospital topics and consists of
- Two years of clinical practice in critical emergency medicine including in- and/or prehospital work.
- A four week exchange programme, preferably in another country Nordic country.
- Four residential courses of 3-4 days of duration held in Finland, Norway, Denmark and Sweden respectively.
- A number of pre- and post- course assignments.
- A research project.
We welcome applications from specialists in anesthesiology employed in a SSAI member country with a documented interest and experience in pre-hospital or in-hospital critical emergency medicine.
Upon completing the programme, the participants will be awarded the SSAI Diploma in Pre-hospital and Emergency Critical Care.
The program language is English.
There has been a major change in the steering committee and the new committee is now established and is working on a new program.
Date of the next program is not set by now but the following timeline is expected:
- Application process starts in 3rd quarter of 2017
- Program starts January 2018
If you are interested, please register your interest here and we will get back to you with updates on the program.